Bunny Hops Down the Aisle.

BMX culture was a huge part of my androgynous childhood. In competition with my younger brother, I insisted that I was to also take part in BMX racing in which he had already begun months prior. I loved every second of it. I wasn't the best, and when the track we went to closed down, me and my brother hung the helmets for good.

It is no wonder that when we weren't racing, we were watching movies about it. In comes RAD, the 1986 film starring Bill Allen as Cru Jones (swoon), and Aunt Becky from full house as his love interest.

Now, what on Earth does an 80's film about biking have to do with music? Simple my friends. Not only is the film riddled with 80's pop music, but they manage to have a BMX/dance/love scene. Not only that, but it is set to the tune of Real Life's "Send Me An Angel". To be honest, this was probably the most romantic thing I had ever seen at the age of 9. But even now, I can't help but dream of having such a spectacle be the "first dance" at my wedding. And you thought I was weird for liking ABBA

Feast your eyes.

No comments: