What a Day IV

I went to an Irish Step-Dancing competition today in Buffalo. Pretty ridiculous. Awesome though, completely other-worldly. It was a lot of fun, and I learned a lot about the cultural phenomena. Example being that I like the reel.

Afterward, I RODE THE MAID OF THE MIST!! I wore my poncho as if I were auditioning for a position as a back-up dancer for Animal Collective.

I came home for a family picnic at the Zoo. Too many kids. Too much good food. But I got to feed the Giraffe!

When THAT was over, I went out to an old friend's house warming party with only one person aware that I was even in town. I saw sooo many old friends from.. I don't even remember when anymore. We were just shooting the shit, but it was so comfortable. It was still different though, because everyone has been moving on with their lives, and therefore are buying houses, getting engaged, being young adults. It was just what going home is all about.
Which brings me to today's song. This is the collaboration between Noah Lennox and Bradford Cox.
"What did you want to see; what did you want to be when you grew up?"

No comments: